Tuesday, July 05, 2005

It's a Friggin 'ofrio


Bought in a Church "rummage" sale for 15$ this Fernand D'onofrio might be worth a bundle of money, and still holds the same awe when I view it weeks later.

"It's been like a weird side story in my life," Ian Sklarsky of Chicago, IL said. "I went into a church and saw it, stood and fought with myself whether or not I should purchase it, when I asked one of the volunteers how much, they said ' I think it's 15$'". Ian made the purchase and walked out of the church with applause from the workers of the sale. One of the workers rushed outside to Ian, "Before you leave, I want to know who the artist is... Fernand D'onofrio, D'onofrio. Ok, thanks."

Once home he revealed it to his boyfriend. "I don't like it," said the boyfriend, "It's crap". The crap he was referring to was D'onofrio's Chicago creation "Serie Transmutation" from his "Series" installation in 1995.

Ian looked on the computer to find out more about the artist. "And then all of a sudden I saw a sketch of the piece I have, it was I think the best purchase I have ever made... in my life." D'onofrio is an artist whos work has been seen all over the world.

"I don't know where this is going to go, but at least I can now call myself a true art collector."
~ Ian Sklarsky

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home