Thursday, April 13, 2006

It's my party and I'll cry if I want to.


Last night was the screening for the Vidiocy 10 film festival. I simply don't understand why Arena wasn't chosen. Was it too much for the audience? (me thinks) It is a little overwhelming, but hey - after the 9 minutes of listening to everyone give their recollections - you understand the whole premise.
The movies last night really told me something about the competition; it all depends on the judges. (Even the best acted movie "Checkmate" filmed at the local spin cycle didn't get nods for the top 4) There were guys being beaten up by muppets, a Lynch'esk dream sequence (made by a production house I think) prostitutes named Jasmine, Closets with something behind it, and many guys masturbating. What's with that?
More crude humor won the top 4, and looking at the judges from Chicago Sun-Times, they were all about the fart jokes. I know, I know. I'm venting, I didn't win, so of course I'm upset, but it annoyed me.
Plus, my ex-girlfriend came to see the show and was appauled by one of the movies (I was too) and left. I can't invite people to film festivals anymore - because people aren't ready to be horrified.
Congratulations to the winners, Good Luck to the participants, and you're on for next year.

http://www.chicagoimprov.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=74

4 Comments:

At 1:35 AM, Blogger NoteWorthyIMs said...

Right? _ Columbia College exhibited the best of Experimental films, which one was mine. I invite my sister and her husband to view - and they got more than they bargained for.

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger Aethlos said...

so you actually saw the winners?

 
At 4:34 AM, Blogger Aethlos said...

how refreshing to see FURNITURE in your apt.... looks like it's almost cozy.

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger NoteWorthyIMs said...

the winners sucked - and I just learned the actual top 4, and it's such a sham.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home