Friday, June 23, 2006

Colbert on Gay Marriage.



I can't believe the stuff they get away on FOX news. Dan Henninger can go to hell. How can someone be so stupid?

Gigot: Winners and losers, picks and pans, "Hits and Misses." It's our way of calling attention to the best and the worst of the week. Item one, plenty of women may think they married a snake. This one actually did, Dan.

Henninger: Yeah. This is a footnote to our gay-marriage discussion. A woman in India last week married a snake. And it was done at a traditional Hindu ceremony attended by 2,000 people. Now, I would like to ask the proponents of gay marriage, which after all violates traditions going back through all of human history, to now absolutely positively guarantee that the next movement is not going to be allowing people to marry their pet horse, dog or cat. And you know what? Given the anything-goes culture we live in, I don't think they can deliver that guarantee.

Gigot: Send those cards and letters. All right, thanks, Dan. Next, a female golf phenom fails in her bid to play with the big boys. Jason?

WHAT IS GOING ON? Are they mad?

1 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Blogger Schpengle said...

mm,
me thinks, from the constant reference to all things gay (except penguins)
that there may, indeed be a hint of gayness about the proprieters of this, ever so creative site.

....well, er, does it matter>?
is it relative to creativy stuff>?

I see how, if its your blog then one should (ie, I should!) shut up and just read it, but

is it such a big thing in your life that it must be constanly mentioned?

or am I the only non gay chap reading this lot and bothering his arse to reply>?........er!

anyway, i love some of your stuff its absolutely brilliant and inspired, and if you mentioned your girlfriend all the time, it would be no problem, as in, if it was the beautiful mambo chick......fab! (feel free to mention her anyway!!! )
but the constant gay thing is a tad unsettling - as in I dont find heterosexuality so interesting, that is worth constantly mentioning (unless mambo chick is involved,,,,etc etc :D)

So this is just my observation, not neccesarliy correct, and if its your actual bloggin space, then i respect that and have the choice to view or not or shut up or not, its not a gay bashing thing, and I'm not a flamer, its just that, if its a creative site, and some of the creative types swing thier hand bags on the other side (SheWs BeTcH!!!) then that is thier personal/biological choice etc but I fail to see the relevance when Im enjoying thier creativity!

it may help to explain their genius of perception but I really dont want to know that bit since, like the gay snake thing.....
what was that word>
"violates all......blah blah"

so to each thier own, I dont judge, but I also dont want to know. justice is blind, what you cant see you cant judge, unless one is a a bigot.

so, there we go, just an impromptu little thougt to the creative types here, who's work I admire, but about who's sexuality I have no inclination or indeed wish to know......(mambo chicks, not withstanding etc etc etc zzzzzzz)

so keep up the fab work, but i dont want to know about the sexuality thing, it is the simple, androgynous fun attitide to the stuff in your work that I find so appealing.

so please, no offence meant and please dont tell me to bog off.......and please.....about that mambo chick........

:D

just how long is the queue to join her mambo now
:)

tootle pip old beans

 

Post a Comment

<< Home