Friday, June 15, 2007

The Ad That Never Was.



I prayed to God to let me enter this contest. Last Monday I got together with my good friend Rachel and we put together this wonderful video for the Malibu Rum commercial contest on Youtube. Well, I edited this piece and tried uploading it to Youtube the day before the contest started - I was ready to win. I watched the other contestants and smiled at the fact that my commercial was fun, simply fun to the eye - and it sold Malibu to you - none of the other commercials did this. I upload to Youtube and enter the contest! I'm ready to win! It's a 25 thousand dollar prize, and I'm going to be walking out with it.

Alas, I find out that I cannot enter because my actress is 23. YOU HAVE TO HAVE PEOPLE AGE 25 OR OLDER TO BE IN A COMMERCIAL WHERE ALCOHAL IS PRESENT.

Let me make this clear - I lost my chances at 25,000 dollars, just because my actress was too young. Note to self, read fine print.

Needless to say I was sick to my stomach that whole day.

3 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger Schpengle said...

WELL.........you could just conlsole yourself with knowing that you know one of the most beautiful 23 year olds out there (er, the female variety) and that by the time she is 25, after loosing out on this she could spiral into depression and turn into a fat crack addict who sells your cameras for cash......
:D
see, suddenly all is better and you love your friends!
:)
.....*sigh*......
not sure that my feeble attempt at cheering you up is on the scale of
$25000 though...
:)
still, its the thought that counts :)
hee hee
sorry, not been around for a while, been trying to get a life, now work for a racing car team.
how bizzare, now, off you watch your ants.
bye
Ian....the other one!

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Shel said...

oh man, ian! i am SO sorry! for what it's worth, i know it made a lot of people happy watching it. :) it just means that there is a better contest out there for you!

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Sam said...

Well that just stinks i really liked it. Damn details and silly rules.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home